Important update regarding in-person instruction:
Cumberland County has moved from the moderate level to the low level for Covid-19 transmission and as a result, we are excited to prepare for our return to partial in person instruction with our hybrid schedule on Tuesday, October 13.
As a reminder, your child's cohort designation can be found in their Genesis portal. Students assigned to Cohort A will attend in person on Mondays and Tuesdays and be remote the remaining days, those assigned to Cohort B attend on Thursdays and Fridays and will be remote the remaining days, and those in Cohort C attend on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and will be remote on Wednesdays. All students and staff will be virtual on Wednesdays so that all buildings can receive a deep cleaning and disinfection. Cohort D students will remain on all virtual instruction.
For those students in cohorts A, B, or C, the following 4 hour daily schedule will be utilized:
Vineland High School 7:33AM - 12:03 PM
Camelot Academy 8:00AM - 12:00PM
Middle Schools & AMSA 8:25AM - 12:40PM
Elementary Schools 9:10AM - 1:15PM
PreSchools 9:20AM - 1:20PM
Other important information:
- Students in grades Kindergarten through 12th will eat breakfast in their classrooms when they arrive at school and will receive a bagged lunch as they leave school for the day to eat when they go home.
- Food distribution will continue to operate during our hybrid schedule. On Tuesday, October 13, the distribution will be held from 9:00AM - 10:30AM for middle and high school students and from 10:00AM - 11:30AM for elementary and preschool students. There will be a distribution site at each school. On Monday, October 19, 2020, regular distributions will continue at your child’s school. All VHS students should pick up at the South building. Depending on their cohort status, all students will either receive a 3 or 5 day supply of meals as students attending in person will be provided their meals on their in person days.
- Bus passes will ONLY be available electronically through the parent portal in Genesis. They will be available on Tuesday, October 6. If you have difficulty logging in, please contact your child's school.
- Lockers will not be issued upon return to school. Please make sure your child has a bookbag.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times by students and staff, including on the bus. This is NOT an optional policy.
- All students and staff will have their temperatures taken upon arrival each day. All parents and guardians must sign off on the health questionnaire located in the parent portal prior to their student attending school in person. You only have to sign this once. Your acceptance of this comes with an understanding that you will abide by this daily.
- Students attending in person must wear their school uniforms. If any family needs uniform assistance, please contact your child’s school.
- Before and after school care will be provided by AlphaBEST Education, Inc. this year. For more information about their services and to register your student, please visit their website at www.alphabest.org/vinelandnj.
We look forward to a safe and successful return to school. This cannot be accomplished without the cooperation of the entire community. If your child is ill, please keep them at home. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.
Please click the following link for a copy of this letter in both English and Spanish: https://bit.ly/36tOKFR